For some mother, adorable prints, boys’ colors and girl colors may be what draw them to such many baby clothes. And to make a final selection choosing the right clothes for your kids needs a strict consideration such as the safety, practicality, and comfort which is easy to put on and washable; but most of all the price that it will costs. Whether you buy in your favorite mall or in some reputable boutique infantil online, shopping for your children clothes must be considerate when it comes to comfort and style of their clothes. Here are guidelines when choosing clothes for small children
- It’s important to promote the safety first, no buttons, ties or bows allowed for them
You must stay them away from clothes with decorative rhinestones, bows or small buttons because they can be prone in choking risk. Some clothes that are designed with long ties or that pull tightly around your baby’s legs, neck and arms are also unsafe for them. Always make sure decorations are sewed on tight.
- Always shop by your baby’s weight, and not by age
It’s because age doesn’t mean much when it comes to picking baby’s clothes, and different brands size clothing differently. Always remember that weight is a better measure and it is listed along with age on many baby clothes.
- Choose fire-safe sleeper.
The labels on your baby’s sleepwear will determine whether it is needed to be worn snugly to be fire-retardant and/or if the fabric itself is flame- retardant. A flame-resistant fabric has specific laundry instructions for you to follow to keep the retardant from washing away.
- Easy clothes are advisable for newborn babies since it can be much easier to put on and take off. Here are some tips when choosing clothes to keep dressing easier.
- Snaps and zippers in the front are much easy to put on and take off than those on the back
- Snaps at the neck or wide necks make dressing easier. And if you pick clothes that are pull over the head, you must do it quickly because babies will going to panic when their breathing is blocked.
- Loose sleeves pull on and take off is easier than the tight ones
- Snaps and other easy openings at the crotch make it easier and quicker in changing baby’s diapers because you don’t have to take off your baby’s clothes
- You must think ahead and be wisely
Many babies never fit into a newborn size of clothes. Some may even grow out of three-month-sized clothes after only one month. That is why you should buy items in the six-month or one-year size to have on hand since some clothes can be worn a little big, until your baby grows into them. And it is also not a good idea, though, to buy your baby seasonal clothes, like winter coats, or like swimsuits in advance. Always keep in mind that is impossible to predict your baby’s size.