Once in a while we all deserve to get a chance to breathe and relax and leave all the problems under the city lights. To find a place where nature and modern sophistication meets and find their common grounds. Now the question is, where will we find this perfect get away?
Galway, Ireland offers bountiful choices from luxury living to an adventure that is something closer to the sea. Here are some sites to visit if you are a nature lover;
- One of the best sites in Galway is the Connemara National Park; a very accessible park wherein hiking at Diamond Hill is one of the highlights. Four lakes could also be seen while raging to the peak of the hill. Different sceneries could also be spotted along the trail.
- Another thing to do while in Galway is visit the Wild Atlantic Way; despite the narrow way the scenery that will be waiting for you will definitely be worth it.
- Cooper’s Hill Livery is also one of the many sites to visit in Galway. There are horses that are up for riding. Beach rides and Burren experience ride was the one to watch if visiting this place. There are also ponies which will give you a good vantage point to the sceneries up ahead.
- Sea kayaking and canoeing at Kayakmor is also one of the highlights in the beautiful town of Galway. A closer view can also be offered while kayaking along the sea waves.
- Aran Island Ferries is usually visited by tourists who like island hopping. The island is one of the mind-blowing sceneries in Galway.
For those tourists who are more of a city person and have modern tastes, these things are to be reckoned with;
- There are multiple hotels in Galway, ranging from three to five stars. These hotels offer variety in services and products depending on your preferences.
- Theatre performances in Galway are very traditional and is a must watch and eye catcher. Comedy shows are also made available by the artists.
- Another feature in the Galway is the Quay Street; this street caters food, music and drinks of the Galway. It is basically a street party where Galway is featured. There are also pubs, shops and restaurants in the area because it is a busy street it is also confirmed as” old wall street” street.
- Old infrastructures are also the sight to see in Galway. Infrastructures like the old Galway Cathedral Church. Tig Coili where live traditional music is performed.
- Galway’s Latin Quarter features the city’s rich history and background with cobblestone paths and historical pubs. Different stories are also imprinted in this area.
- Different local pubs also offer different stories such as O’Connor’s Pub and Crane Bar which features the city’s finest musicians and drinks.
- Rathbaun Farm is also one of the finest tourist spots. Tourists visit the family run working farm in a beautiful garden and a quaint thatched roof cottage.
- The Bike tour is also one of the unique sides of Galway where the tourists tour around the Connemara area.
- The Galway Fisheries Watchtower Museum is the top museum of Galway which also features its rich culture and history.